
Five Palestinian Journalists Killed in Gaza Attack
© Gemm Media
Miami, Florida
Release Date
08/26/2025
Israel is facing fierce condemnation after a pair of strikes on a Gaza hospital killed five journalists as well as medical workers and others on Monday.
At least 20 people were killed in the attack, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health, with many more injured.
Israel carried out back-to-back strikes on the Nasser Hospital in Khan Younis separated by only a matter of minutes, the ministry said. The “double tap” hits killed journalists, health workers and emergency response crews who had rushed to the scene after the initial attack, the Nasser Hospital said.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu later conceded that journalists and first responders had been killed, referring to their deaths as a “tragic mishap.”
Dr. Mohammad Saqer, a hospital spokesman and head of nursing, said that five journalists and four health workers had died.
The journalists killed are Mohammad Salama, a cameraman from Al Jazeera, Hussam Al-Masri, who was a contractor for Reuters, Mariam Abu Dagga, who has worked with the Associated Press (AP) and other outlets throughout the war, and freelance journalists Moath Abu Taha and Ahmed Abu Aziz.
Gaza’s Civil Defense organization said one of its crew members also died in the strike.
The Israeli attacks hit a balcony on the hospital used by reporters for an elevated view of Khan Younis.
© Gemm Media.
© Copyright material is presented for viewing purposes only, and is not intended for copying or publication unless authorized by Gemm Broadcasting Corporation.
© Gemm Media

